I found couple posts / questions about glass (or window if you like) material in Unreal Engine 4, so I decided to make easy-to-use templates. Features are described below. Hope you like it.
I use 2 master materials: Glass_Master and GlassShattered_Master to define various glass materials.
Glass_Master uses additional dirt layer (optional)
Parameters you can control:
- Color // Controls glass tint
- Opacity // Controls opacity
- Refraction // Similar to refractive index. I don’t use physical-based values for glass (~1.490 – 1.492) since, in my opinion, it gives unrealistic results for thin surface (image was too distorted).
- Roughness // A constant that defines how rough is the surface.
- SpecStrength // Controls reflections intensity (based on Roughness value)
- Texture tile // Glass/Normal map tile
- UseNormal // Must be enabled if you want to use Normal Map
- HeightRatio (only in GlassShattered_Master) // controls BumpOffset
- GlassTexture (only in GlassShattered_Master) // It’s input for RGB texture. R channel blends with glass color, G channel controls opacity, B channel – is used for bumpOffset.
- Dirt color // Color of a dirt layer
- DirtIntensity // 0.0 – no dirt layer, 1.0 – maximum dirt map intensity (based on texture)
- DirtMask // Texture used to create dirt. It uses only red channel
- DirtScale // Controls DirtMask tilling
GlassShattered_Master doesn’t have dirt layer.
Example Material Instanced in the package:
– Colored (blue, red, etc)
– Shattered 1
– Shattered 2
Did you like this pack?
Check out also the Advances Glass Pack (link)